Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adam and Chris.

Good Morning! Yes. It is 2pm, yet, Good morning.


Strange and shocking news. I've really gotten into American Idol this year. The reason is Adam Lambert. I think he is a phenomenal artist. He reminds me of Freddie Mercury, Muse, Janis Joplin, Mars Volta, KISS, etc. etc,. The list continues and continues every week he performs. It's down to the final two, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. Kris is like the average joe performer. He's married, presumably Christian, traditional vocals. He's got that whole John Mayer, Jason Moraz thing going--except less talented vocals. Basically, he's that guy in highschool that threw eggs on Josie Grossie with the other jocks.

Maybe I'm being harsh. Nah. 

I'm just bored with the traditional. I think Mayer's blues trio stuff is good, but I'd never pay for it. Now, if I'm out and about at a record store and spy KISS or Queen albums. Hell yes. I will pick them up. There is something intriguing about an artist who is theatrical and dramatic. It's like getting dinner and a show. When you're watching Kris you just want to be drinking coffee and laughing with friends. You aren't sucked into the music. It doesn't become a part of you. He is background noise. 

No doubt, I can be harsh. The kid's going to have a career regardless of my opinion. America loves the average joe. We'll see tonight if Adam has seduced them, like he's seduced me. 

I'm ridin' on that right-wing sin wagon!

MOST IMPORTANTLY,

What the hell was up with the Kara DioGuardi, "No Boundaries" original(ironic) song? No one can seem to pin down the exact lyrics. MTV took a stab at it:


“Every step you climb another mountain/ Every breath is harder to believe/ You’ll make it through the pain/ Weather the hurricane/ To get to that one thing/ When you think the road is going nowhere/ Just when you’ve almost gave up on your dreams/ Then take it by the hand and show you that you can.”

Take what by the hand? The road? Who is going to show you that you can? Your dreams? What’s with the awful grammar (”you’ve almost gave up”)? Were they throwing darts at nonsense phrases on a dartboard, because these lyrics make less sense than a Paula Abdul rant.

It gets even worse, though.

Go deeper, higher, no boundaries, break every rule, nothing between you and your dreams … As long as we’re at it, might I suggest another chorus: “Unicorns can fly in the bright blue sky/ Love is the answer to all your burning questions, but can make you cry/ Butterflies are like dreams that come true in living color/ Rainbows are fantasy dream rides to a land of enchantment and wonder/ Ain’t no stopping you now/ Reality-show winners are just like real pop stars, except they’re not."

And it took three supposedly credited songwriters to write that? No one wonder Kris slaughtered it. He was too busy trying not to laugh and the faux depths of song. Personally, I enjoy MTV's additions. If Adam has to sell this song. I apologize to him. AI, way to squash someones personal creativity. 

I'm sure, Kara, there is a four year old out there somewhere who respects your artistic prowess. This 21 year old, however, advises, you betta work.

My fingers are crossed for you Adam!
And yes, you are traitor if you're gay and don't vote for Adam. Kidding. Kind of. I'll have to think about those comments. It fails in that discourse on private/public sector. I don't really feel like being a Communist today. Instead, I'll drown myself in McFlurry's!

Love and stuff,
Ashley


0 comments: